Sunday, June 16, 2013

October 29, 2012- Breaking Rules

Elder Gundersen is still alive and well this week. He was in the best of spirits and said he'd had a great week.

On Saturday, he baptized a 39 year old lady and an eight year old boy. He didn't elaborate too much on their story...it was clear however, that these two people mean very much to him. I cannot wait to hear the stories of all these wonderful people when he gets home.

There was a holiday in Benin and he witnessed the slaughtering of goats. Sounds like a holiday I would choose to miss. He saw his favorite Sister missionary, Sister Leavitt. He adores her! I feel very blessed to have angels like her watching over our missionaries.

Still no packages, President Weed is meeting with the Customs officials this week to see if they can get that little situation straightened out. I'm praying for his success... I would feel bad if Elder Gundersen wasn't able to get his packages.

He asked what I was doing and when I told him "laundry" he was a bit envious that I was using a washer and dryer. As much as I didn't want to do the wash yesterday, it made it easier to bear knowing I wasn't doing it in a bucket.

He is excited for Christmas and is looking forward to his one year mark. He says his companions are all good and that they are having many successes. He had to leave a bit sooner than usual as he was heading to a FHE activity.

Love to all, thanks for the prayers, letters and thoughts.
 
Here are a few pictures provided by Sister Leavitt
 
The new building in Togo

Elder Gundersen and Sister Leavitt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment