Sunday, June 16, 2013

January 7, 2013 Nearing a Year!

This last week I made a countdown block set to count down the last year of Elder G's mission...I know...a bit crazy!

Elder Hunter Gundersen is alive and well this week. He took an excursion with the Eastmonds to Ganvie. He said they enjoyed it and that it looks exactly the same as when he was there last. He has been in the Chez Raphael restaurant that is in the pictures on the link I posted (it's the red building). He did not eat there though. He said that it is not a place I would eat. It doesn't look as kept on the inside as it does on the outside. He said his favorite place to eat in Gbedjromede is called J'adore. It's an Italian place run by natives of the area. He usually gets pizza or a calzone and says it's decent food and pretty clean.

The big news of the week is that Elder Milambo will be moving to the same apartment as he's in. They won't be companions though. The president must've thought that they made a great team in Togo to put them together again...kind of together anyway.

He asked what was in his next package so I sent a picture of the contents. He did his "editing " of the package and sent me to the store. He's just a little spoiled.

I told him about all the new missionaries who are heading to Benin. He said that when new missionaries get to Benin they are in shock and it takes awhile for them to adjust. Some are scared and the environment only makes it harder. His advice was they need to just remember to calm down and get to work. When I asked how long it took him to feel comfortable there, he didn't elaborate. He just reassured me that all is good there now and he's used to the way things are in Benin. Good to know...

No packages again this week and still no Christmas package. Maybe it will get there for his birthday. Cross your fingers. Just a reminder that his birthday is the 15th. If you want to send him birthday wishes next week, message me and I can send you his email address.

Thanks to all for the prayers, letters and support!
 
Here's a cool link to learn more about the city of Ganvie:
 

Excursion to Ganvie...courtesy of the Eastmonds
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment