Sunday, May 26, 2013

Senior Couples are the Best!

I ran across this gem while preparing other entries. Not sure how I missed it.  Looking back from the point we are at today, I don't know what I would've done sometimes without the help of the senior couples in the mission.  They are angels!  This email was sent just days after his arrival in the mission.

Dear Missionary Family,
Your missionary arrived safely in the Benin Cotonou Mission. He is currently
assigned to labor in the country of Togo his area is the Nukafu area with Elder
Milambo as his companion and trainer. I have attached a picture of Elder
Gundersen with President and Sister Weed. We did visit with your son today
as we are currently in Togo and he is doing so very well. His fellow
missionaries really love him and say what a wonderful personality he has. We
look forward to serving with him and know he will make a great difference here
in West Africa. If you need any information, or help or just have questions,
please feel free to contact me.

Sister Leavitt

Sister Leavitt has shared many pictures of Elder G and a few of her observations in her journals.  I will be sure and share them as a come across them.  Elder and Sister Eastmond from our neck of the woods are also in the mission. The Leavitts and the Eastmonds have loved my Elder as their own and I know he loves and appreciates all that they have done for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment