Friday, May 24, 2013

April 09, 2012

Hi Mom, I’m alive.
The kids here are awesome, the people aren’t judgmental.  It’s hard living with a companion.  The language is hard. I’m not giving up, I’m not a pansy.
You have no idea what I would do to be in 20 degree weather right now.
I miss home like crazy. If you saw what I am eating you would happily eat hamburgers. (I told him I didn’t like eating hamburgers the other day. Hamburger is just plain old yucky to me)
But anyways...the members set up a soccer tournament today. I don’t like soccer…it’s a useless sport…but I hit a kid so hard, like a football hit. It made me happy. (Sounds more like rugby to me!)
 I found cheese burgers, the only problem is its crazy expensive. I broke down and bought a cheese burger and fries. The meal was about 5 bucks but that’s a ton when you only get 140 bucks a month. The fries were good for American standards.
I made spaghetti and garlic bread last night for everyone. It was amazing.
Not one of the other elders helped, I did it by myself. For some reason the Africans think they can’t eat something unless it has hot dogs in it. One tried to put hotdogs in my sauce last night and I cussed at him.

I can buy anything here; pasta costs me about 60 cents for a big pack. Rice is about 1 buck for a pound. The peanut butter is what I need. It’s about 10 bucks for a little jar. PB and those little crystal light packets to put in water. I need those. I can find about everything else…and the stuff I requested last time... please.
I might have a baptism next weekend. I will get some pictures with the kids. There are lots of opportunities.
Oh, and our apartment got robbed while everyone was asleep.

I love ya'll and make sure you tell everyone hi for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment